YLNI Farmers Market
IT’S SUMMER MARKET SEASON!Located in the heart of downtown Fort Wayne, the YLNI Farmers Market presents a vibrant, open-air outdoor market experience each Saturday! The market runs May 19 through September 29 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Shop for fresh and unique local produce, plants, meats, baked goods, and homemade crafts in an urban setting. The YLNI Farmers Market is a producer-only market, meaning that our vendors personally make or grow the products they sell. Every vendor is local, coming from Allen or surrounding counties. Live music and children’s activities add to the experience.The market is open from May 20th through September 9th on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and on the corner of Wayne and Barr Streets. Free parking is available in the History Center lot along Berry Street and on the streets in the surrounding blocks, with ample opportunities to lock up a bicycle as well.
ABOUT THE MARKET
When YLNI revived the market over 10 years ago we had 4-6 vendors; we now host more than 20 week in and week out. The YLNI Farmers Market is run entirely by volunteers.
- Was voted in 2010 Fort Wayne’s Best Farmer’s Market (by the readers of the Fort Wayne Magazine)
- Averages about 1,000 visitors per week
- Hosts different local musicians each week
- Collected 5 tubs of books for United Way’s Learn United initiative in 2009
- Hosted a fun and educational children’s activity every week, provided by the Allen County Public Library
- Partnered in 2014 with Arts United for Taste of the Arts
The YLNI Farmers Market represents an important part of Fort Wayne’s history. It is an ongoing tradition that’s been alive in the heart of our city for more than a century. Here’s why:
- Located in the oldest public space in Fort Wayne
- The original Barr Street Market operated continuously from the 1840s-1950s
- In its heyday, the Market stretched for 2 city blocks and had several permanent buildings
VISIT THE MARKET
302 East Berry Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
(Directly behind the Fort Wayne History Center at the corner of Barr and Wayne Streets)
Attention Vendors: The 2018 summer market application process is now OPEN!
Contact Us - Comments and Questions
If you have do you have a comment/question about the Market? We would love to hear from you.
YLNI Farmers Market
P. O. Box 10774
Fort Wayne, IN 46853
Thanks to all of our sponsors!!