Do you like to tinker, fiddle, dabble, or diddle? Then you, my friend, are a maker. The maker culture has increased in popularity as of late thanks in part to Maker Faires, Film Fests, and most importantly Maker Spaces such as the Allen County Public Library Maker Labs. The Maker Lab is collaborative work-space and a great place to learn and use new technologies, get help with a project you are working on, or even help with starting an entirely new project. Do not miss out on some of their cool October classes/workshops! To register for classes/workshops, or to find out more information about the lab and the lab’s hours, click here.
All workshops are free, but advanced registration is needed (patrons will need an email address). 3D Printing is $1.00 for things printing in less than 60 min., $2.00 for things printing in less than 120 min., $3.00 for things printing in less than 3 hours, etc.
Allen County Library Main Branch for October:
- 3D Printing Workshop - Tuesday, October 6th @ 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- 3D Printing Workshop - Saturday, October 17th @ 10am - 12pm
Georgetown Branch for October
- Soldering 101 - Mondays @ 6pm - 8pm
- 3D Printing 101 - Tuesdays @ 6pm - 8pm & Saturdays @ 2:30pm - 4:30pm
- Light Up Halloween Masks - Wednesdays @ 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Conductive Paint Jack O Lanterns - Wednesdays @ 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Adobe InDesign 101 - Thursdays @ 6pm - 8pm
- Sewing 101 (Coffee Cozy) - Saturdays @ 11:30am - 1:30pm
To register for classes/workshops, or for more information, click here.