By: Lauren Brune
Have you heard about YLNI’s Candidate Boot Camp? Are you thinking about signing up? Here are 5 reasons why you should commit!
- You have to start somewhere: If you're interesting in running for public office, you need to know the correct procedures - starting with the basics. The Candidate Boot Camp offers you the perfect launching point for your political aspirations. And just think, when you are elected to City Council or U.S. Senate, you can tell everyone you got your start at a YLNI event.
- You get to learn from the best: Former and current elected officials will teach you the ropes. You will hear first-hand stories of successes and failures from political campaigns, and receive valuable information from people who have successfully “Rocked the Vote.”
- You win: Even if the Candidate Boot Camp turns out to be a different experience than you expected, there is always something to learn from new people. You might make a valuable connection or find out that public office isn’t your passion after all. And that's okay. Either way, it’s a win-win.
- You committed to your future: Committing to four weeks of anything can be intimidating, but in the words of Smash Mouth, “You’ll never know if you don’t go.” Think of this as an opportunity for investing in your future.
- This is your jumping off point: You will walk away from this program with inspired to take the next step toward your political dreams. This is a start, but it’s not the end. The greatest accomplishments in life are made one step at a time. After Candidate Boot Camp, you will have completed that first step, and you will be ready to conquer the next one whenever the opportunity presents itself.