About the Market
The YLNI Farmers Market is a producer-only market, meaning that our vendors personally make or grow the products they sell. Every vendor is local, coming from Allen or surrounding counties.
When YLNI revived the market nearly 15 years ago we had 4-6 vendors; we now host more than 150 week in and week out. On average, the market connects 10,000 visitors each week with fresh and unique local produce, plants, meats, baked goods, and homemade crafts. The market also operates year round with a robust winter market, starting in November.
The market supports YLNI's mission by creating an environment for community, professional and social engagement, through live music (from local musicians), activities for kids, and accessibility to local non-profit organizations.
The YLNI Farmers Market is run entirely by volunteers who are passionate about engaging our community head-on, making a positive impact on the places in which we work and live.
Notable Achievements / Awards
- Was voted Indiana's Best Farmer's Market in 2022
- Was voted Fort Wayne’s Best Farmers Market (by the Readers Choice) two years in a row: 2019 & 2020
- Has partnered with Taste of the Arts, Fort4Fitness Spring Cycle, Kickstart, PranaYoga, and many other events and organizations
The YLNI Farmers Market represents an important part of Fort Wayne’s history. It is an ongoing tradition that’s been alive in the heart of our city for more than a century. Here’s why:
- Located in the oldest public space in Fort Wayne (at the corner of Barr and Wayne Streets)
- The original Barr Street Market operated continuously from the 1840s-1950s
- In its heyday, the Market stretched for 2 city blocks and had several permanent buildings
Contact Us - Comments and Questions
If you have do you have a comment/question about the Market? We would love to hear from you.
YLNI Farmers Market
P. O. Box 10774
Fort Wayne, IN 46853