2023 Leadership Institute Overview
YLNI’s Leadership Institute connects young professionals with their peers and their community as they advance in their career skills. Through hands-on instruction, small group activities, personal reflection, and sharing, participants develop skills needed to help them grow in their careers and community. Topics range from personality recognition and communication effectiveness to board stewardship and diversity in the workplace. This program consists of a kick-off event, six all-day sessions, and a graduation celebration spread out across 4 months. The schedule will be released when applications open.
- Become an active member of YLNI. Following graduation, you will receive a complimentary 1-year YLNI membership.
- Develop practical, real-world leadership skills
- Learn from a diverse group of community leaders
- Network with young professionals in a variety of fields
- Complimentary to Greater Fort Wayne leadership programming
- Join the YLNI Leadership Institute alumni network! (Since 2006, 500 local leaders have completed the Leadership Institute program.
$750 for non-YLNI members and $600 for current YLNI members
(includes a 1-year YLNI membership following graduation)
Employers of emerging leaders should consider sponsoring their participation.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- Members and Non-members of YLNI
- Emerging leaders and professionals
- Potential leaders in corporate, nonprofit, education, and health care
- Community volunteers
- Historically, we have found those aged 24-40 typically apply, but we certainly encourage anyone who considers themselves a young leader to apply.
- Applications open December 8, 2022 - January 8th, 2023
- The application can be found at https://ylni.wufoo.com/forms/mms8j1r1n8tynq/
- Class size is limited; we do ask for authentic and well-thought-out responses, as well as current resume or CV, current headshot, and letter of recommendation.
- Connect with us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter to see when applications open up.
- Submit your application when the submission period opens!
2023 CLASS SCHEDULE
Six class sessions will be held at various meeting spaces in the Fort Wayne area.
Sessions will be held at various venues in the Fort Wayne area – session details will be shared to the cohort prior to the Kick-off event.
- Kickoff is Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- Session 1 is Friday, February 17, 2023
- Session 2 is Friday, March 3, 2023
- Session 3 is Thursday, March 16, 2023
- Session 4 is Friday, March 31, 2023
- Session 5 is Friday, April 14, 2023
- Session 6 is Friday, May 5, 2023
- Graduation is Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Note: Friday, May 19, 2023 is set aside as a make-up day should any session be cancelled
Questions or Inquiries?
E-mail us at email@example.com.