YLNI Farmers Market
IT’S SUMMER MARKET SEASON!
Located in the heart of downtown Fort Wayne, the YLNI Farmers Market presents a vibrant, open-air outdoor market experience each Saturday! The market will run from May 18 through September 28 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m for the 2019 season.
Shop for fresh and unique local produce, plants, meats, baked goods, and homemade crafts in an urban setting. The YLNI Farmers Market is a producer-only market, meaning that our vendors personally make or grow the products they sell. Every vendor is local, coming from Allen or surrounding counties. Live music and children’s activities add to the experience. The market is open from May through September on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and on the corner of Wayne and Barr Streets. Free parking is available in the History Center lot along Berry Street and on the streets in the surrounding blocks, with ample opportunities to lock up a bicycle as well.
ABOUT THE MARKET
When YLNI revived the market nearly 15 years ago we had 4-6 vendors; we now host more than 60 week in and week out. The YLNI Farmers Market is run entirely by volunteers.
- Was voted in 2010 Fort Wayne’s Best Farmers Market (by the readers of the Fort Wayne Magazine)
- Averages about 5,000 visitors per week
- Hosts different local musicians each week, along with local non-profit organizations and activities for kids
- Has partnered with Taste of the Arts, Fort4Fitness Spring Cycle, Kickstart, PranaYoga, and many other events and organizations
The YLNI Farmers Market represents an important part of Fort Wayne’s history. It is an ongoing tradition that’s been alive in the heart of our city for more than a century. Here’s why:
- Located in the oldest public space in Fort Wayne
- The original Barr Street Market operated continuously from the 1840s-1950s
- In its heyday, the Market stretched for 2 city blocks and had several permanent buildings
VISIT THE MARKET
302 East Berry Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
(Directly behind the Fort Wayne History Center at the corner of Barr and Wayne Streets)
Attention Vendors and Non Profits:
The 2019 summer market application process is now OPEN!
Please sign up today to volunteer to help work the Market! You can sign up for a 2-hour shift or a full Saturday. No prior experience required! We'll help you once you get there. Sign up today from the link below:
Contact Us - Comments and Questions
If you have do you have a comment/question about the Market? We would love to hear from you.
YLNI Farmers Market
P. O. Box 10774
Fort Wayne, IN 46853
THANKS TO ALL OF OUR SPONSORS!!
- The History Center
- Kick Start Event
- Coldwell Banker - The Real Estate Company
- Taste of the Arts
- WANE TV - 15